It has been a while since I’ve posted a recipe. I was so busy with placement for the last five weeks that I could not find time to bake. It feels so good to be almost done with Uni and to be back in my baking therapy. I was experimenting with peanut butter and Nutella today. I’ve decided to marry two of my favourite ingredients to make cookies. This recipe is really simple. All you need is peanut butter (non-natural ones), Nutella, bicarbonate soda, egg and chocolate chips.
- 250g peanut butter (I used Bega Smooth peanut butter)
- 100g Nutella
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 egg
- 50g chocolate chips or cashew nuts
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 8-10min or when the cookie turns brown
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the peanut butter together with Nutella until a uniform mixture
- Turn the speed down to low and add in the egg and bicarbonate soda and continue to whisk for 1 minute
- Scrape down the sides and mix everything together until it forms a dough
- Roll out the dough into little balls onto a baking tray and add 3 pieces of chocolate chips or cashew nuts on each of the cookies
- Place it into the oven to bake for 8-10min or when the cookies turns brown
There you have it! Gluten-free peanut butter Nutella cookies!