My love for peanut butter is about the same as my love for dark chocolates. I know that it is a little disgusting, but I eat peanut butter by the tablespoons straight from the jar. Do not freak out because I have my own personal bottle of peanut butter, so that contaminated bottle belongs solely to me. Ever since I’ve discovered natural peanut butter (Pic’s peanut butter to be specific), I could no longer go back to the usual peanut butter.
One of my friends made this peanut butter cookie for placement a couple of weeks ago and I loved it so much that I asked her for the recipe. It does not require any flour at all! In fact, its like baking peanut butter and adding chocolate chips into it. When it comes to baking, do not use natural peanut butter, instead use the usual commercial type of peanut butter. This cookie is so easy to make and does not require resting the dough over night that it can be made as and when you feel like it!
- 250g peanut butter (I used Bega smooth peanut butter)
- 80g brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 50g chocolate chips
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 8-10min or when the cookie turns brown
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the peanut butter together with the brown sugar until a uniform mixture
- Turn the speed down to low and add in the egg and bicarbonate soda and continue to whisk for 1 minute
- Scrape down the sides and mix everything together until it forms a dough
- Roll out the dough into little balls onto a baking tray and add 3 pieces of chocolate chips on each of the cookies
- Place it into the oven to bake for 8-10min or when the cookies turns brown
There you have it! Gluten-free peanut butter cookies!