1. 120g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
2. 225g self raising flour
3. 100g caster sugar
4. 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
5. 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
6. 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
7. 4 tablespoon of non-fat yoghurt or greek yoghurt (tastes better with greek yoghurt)
8. 50g of grated dark chocolate
Preparation time: 20 min
Oven temperature: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
Baking time: 50 min
Click on the pictures below for baking instructions.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add in the yoghurt, one tablespoons at a time.
Add in the flour and egg (one at a time)
Fold it until the mixture is consistent and split the batter into two.
Add one teaspoon of vanilla essence into one of the batter and mix it well.
Grate 50g of dark chocolate
Stir in the cocoa powder and grated chocolate into the other bowl
Take 2 spoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixes into the tin alternately. Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect. Bake the cake for 55-60mins until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
There you have it! Guilt-free chocolate marble cake!